StatCounter


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Neenah Light Spring Morning

Here is my latest completed painting.  It's another painting of the Lighthouse in Neenah, Wisconsin.  I took a photograph of the lighthouse during a spring morning in 2010.  This painting is based on that photograph.  I actually documented the progress of this painting from a blank canvas with a tinted ground to the finished painting.  Please refer to the tab "Painting Progress-Neenah Light Spring Morning" to see the progressive history of this painting.  I spent a considerable amount of time with this painting to capture the lighting and value of the objects.  It was painted entirely with alkyds and I used glazing in several areas to capture some vibrancy (especially in the grass).

Neenah Light Spring Morning  (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment